One of my favorite dishes, right down to the beautiful presentation is the fish tacos at Twigs Bistro, a local restaurant here in town. So yes, I had to find an alternative to the fish and give it a try. This easy meatless monday recipe chipotle zucchini is spicy and easily takes the place of the fish and makes a wonderful taco. Paired with the chipotle slaw…. Mmmm. Perfect light summer dinner. (or in this case, easily done inside on panini grill for winter, lol!)
Meatless Monday Recipe Chipotle Zucchini Skewers
Chipotle Zucchini Taco Skewers
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 1/4 Fat Free Sour Cream or Vegan Sour Cream
- 1/2 tsp Mexican Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 Cups Shredded Iceberg Lettuce or Cabbage
- Peel and cut zucchini in half.
- Cut halves into long quarter pieces for skewers.
- In a Ziploc bag, add zucchini, olive oil and chipotle powder. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove zucchini and put onto skewers.
- BBQ or Grill (I used my Panini Press) the Zucchini until golden brown.
- To make Chipotle Slaw add all the Slaw ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Place a lime at end of each skewer. In a shallow bowl, place Chipotle Slaw in middle and rest skewers around in tee pee fashion. Serve warm tortillas on the side.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 182
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 15
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 6
Try my Homemade Guacamole and Tortilla Chips Recipe too.
They are the perfect pairing!!
I have to admit, I didn’t have tortillas on hand so I ate mine as a salad and really was just as delish!