Today is National Coffee Break Day! So, to celebrate, I am sharing one of my favorite recipes for Coffee Cake! This Coffee Cake is made with yogurt and whole wheat flour and makes for an excellent breakfast treat. Grab a cup of coffee and make this cake and you are ready to celebrate National Coffee Break Day!
Yogurt Coffee CakePrint
Whole Wheat Yogurt Coffee Cake with a Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz. non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- pinch of salt
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, all spice, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and eggs until well combined. Beat in the dry ingredients until just combined and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients together.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle half of the topping ingredients on top. Pour the rest of the batter in and sprinkle the rest of the topping on top. Bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy 🙂