Meatless Mondays are becoming quite the fad. But what do you cook other than a plate of noodles? Well, going meatless doesn’t have to be boring. Today I bring to you a super easy and healthy alternative to the ultimate “man” meal, prime rib and potatoes. Trust me, when you bite into this tender portabella complimented by the tangy balsamic and horseradish potatoes, you will be sold on meatless too. Not only is this a healthy vegetarian dish, it is VEGAN! Wha-WHAT? Yes, you will eat Vegan and LOVE it, lol!
- 2 Portabella Mushrooms
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Horseradish (not cream style)
- 1 Cup Vegan Mashed Potatoes (click link for recipe)
- 1/2 Cup Daiya Vegan Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- Wheat Bread Crumbs Grilled Onions
- Bragg's Au Jus (click link for recipe)
- Wash and Clean the Portabellas.
- Scoop out the inside until you have a firm base. Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar liberally over the mushroom letting it pool in mushroom.
- Spoon horseradish into mushroom and spread evenly. The amount you use will vary with your taste. We like it spicy so we use a fair amount of Extra Hot Horseradish!
- Next layer in your Vegan Mashed Potatoes (click link for recipe)
- Bake at 350 degrees until cooked thru. Approximately 20 minutes. While the mushrooms are baking, saute your onions until carmelized.
- **You may broil for a few minutes if you like a crispier crust**
- I prefer it served up with grilled onions and Bragg's Au Jus to make it really feel like a juicy piece of prime rib!
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes (click link for recipe)