One of my favorite things about preparing for Halloween is all the fun foods you can create for the holiday. So many variations on ghosts, witches, zombies and more. Something I started making years ago was a “dead man” meatloaf or as my kids renamed, a Zombie Meatloaf.
You really can use any meatloaf recipe you like and shape it into a man (or zombie). Since my family likes things “plain jane” I didn’t dress it up at all, but if I had my way, I would have added some olive eyes and BBQ sauce blood, or maybe a mummy with dough wrapping.
It’s really about having fun creating with the family. The recipe is so easy that kids can take part easily in preparation and there is something that is so creepy Halloween about mushing your hands in raw meat! (Ewwww!)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 55
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Pound Pork Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Light Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Packet French Onion Soup Mix (powdered)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 2 Cloves Diced Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly with hands
- Pat into baking pan in shape of a man
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through
- Remove meatloaf and set aside
- Mix cornstarch into 1/2 cup water
- Heat drippings in saucepan over medium heat, whisk in cornstarch and water slowly until thickened
- Pour over meatloaf
- Decorate your zombie with olives, squash, carrots, bbq sauce or whatever else you can find on hand!
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 421
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 734
- Fat: 29
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Unsaturated Fat: 16
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 32
- Cholesterol: 134
This has been something we do often for an easy Halloween dinner.
What are YOUR favorite Halloween Dinner Recipes?
Please share with us in the comments!