According to Google, you all have many questions about Santa Claus or good ‘ol Saint Nick. We thought it’d be fun to give you some answers!
These are the top 5 questions about Santa Claus based on google searches in 2015:
(this data continually updates, the questions below are top questions as of Dec. 18, 2015 – We will try and continue to update our answers based on your questions!)
So let’s get you some answers!
- Is Santa Real? Why YES of course Santa Claus is real! The story of Santa Claus can be traced back to a monk named St. Nicolas. While the story is not the reindeer-drawn sleigh flying jolly St. Nick of today, it’s where the story starts. Half of the magic of Christmas is believing in modern day Santa Claus and the joy that he brings to the season. You must believe if you wish to stay on the “Nice” list!
- Where is Santa? Santa Claus makes his home at the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, his reindeer, and elves where they work all year round to make all the toys for good little boys and girls… or at least that is what we are led to believe from children’s stories. It turns out that Santa Claus may actually have many hubs throughout the world in which he works out of such as Santa Claus Village in Artic Circle, Rovaniemi Finland and at North Pole, New York. Which is his REAL home? Only Santa knows!
- Where is Santa Right Now? OH…. you don’t necessarily want to know where Santa Clause lives, you want to know where he is RIGHT NOW! Perhaps you want to try and sneak a peek at him when he slides down your chimney? No worries, there are plenty of Santa Trackers like the Google Santa Tracker, you can use to pinpoint Santa Claus at any time to see if he is near (as well as learn and play a ton of fun games) …. but be careful, if he catches you peeking, you may end up on the “Naughty” list!
- How Many Reindeer Does Santa Have? This question is debatable. Nobody really knows for sure except Santa and his elves. As the famous song goes, Santa has 8 reindeer leading his sleigh (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course Rudolf), however, it’s been said that a sleigh filled with toys would need far more than 8. I personally think that Santa must have very special reindeer (hey, they fly!) so 8 could easily do it! It’s actually said that Santa has several reindeer living at the North Pole but we do not know how many for sure.
- How to Draw Santa Well this is an interesting and unexpected question, but a lot of fun none the less! I’m not an expert in drawing, but there are plenty of great How To Draw Santa Claus tutorials online as well as coloring pages that can help guide you in drawing Santa Claus!
That’s all your questions answered in a nutshell!
Dont’ forget to check out all our Christmas Fun here on Daily Dish Magazine!