This is a recipe that I adapted last year at Christmas from one given to me by my husband’s mother. The original recipe was for a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, which is also wonderful. But, I don’t know where she got the recipe. Unfortunately, she is no longer with us, so I can’t ask her, so if you recognize this recipe, please let me know who I can credit. I definitely did not come up with it myself – well, except for adding the candy canes and whipped cream. This cheesecake is absolutely amazing. My dad has already requested it for Christmas this year…and he doesn’t like peppermint…or cheesecake. You really need to try this. It is one of those things that you just can’t stay out of, so it is great to take to a party or event where you have other people to help you eat it.Print
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cheesecake
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup crushed candy canes (more on this below)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. confectioners sugar
- additional white chocolate for garnish
- Crush the candy canes into chips. When you do this you will end up with some chips and some powder. Use a sieve to sort the chips from the powder and save the powder. You will use both the chips and the powder in the cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the first 3 ingredients and press them into a lightly greased 9 inch spring form pan. I lined mine with parchment and greased that too. Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool while you mix the cream cheese mixture
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually, add 1 cup sugar and continue mixing until well combined. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add melted white chocolate and mix until combined. Fold in the powdered portion of the candy canes.
- Spread about 1/3 of the cream cheese batter into prepared crust. Sprinkle about 1/3 of the candy cane chips over the batter leaving a 3/4 inch boarder of cream cheese around the edges. Repeat with the second 1/3 of batter and chips. Top with the third 1/3 of batter and save the remaining chips to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cheese cake is almost set and slightly browned.Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Run knife around edge of pan to release the cake before removing the sides of the pan. Whip cream and confectioners sugar together until stiff peaks form. Garnish with whipped cream, remaining peppermint chips, and white chocolate curls. I added a little edible glitter, too.