After you have eaten all the turkey and dressing you want, there is a good possibility you will still have leftover turkey. This is a recipe simple enough to make after a long day of holiday shopping, but is delicious and doesn’t taste at all like holiday food, which makes it the perfect way to use that left over turkey. I used a pre-made pizza crust here. If you are so inclined, I am sure homemade would be better, but I’m going with the assumption that you just might be doing holiday shopping about the time you have leftover turkey and are tired of the Thanksgiving flavor. I did make the homemade peanut sauce, but if you are really pressed for time, you could buy that too.
What to Do with Those Thanksgiving Leftovers: Thai Turkey Pizza
- 1 pre-made or homemade pizza crust
- leftover turkey (I used about 6 oz., and you could substitute chicken.)
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (I would use fresh, but I used canned here, because my rural grocery store did not have fresh bean sprouts.)
- 4 scallions sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used full fat canned coconut milk.)
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili oil
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- juice of one lime
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees or use the temperature on the pizza crust package.
- Place crust on a pizza pan.
- Combine peanut butter and the next seven ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium until all is hot and well combined.
- Spread the peanut sauce over the pizza crust.
- Top with turkey and bean sprouts. If you have fresh bean sprouts, it might be better to add them after it is cooked. I didn't have them, so this is what I did.
- Reduce oven heat to 425 degrees and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the scallions and cilantro.
I’m really loving the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?