How many of you out there have leftover watermelon from the Fourth of July – that is still good? I do! I have a whole one that hasn’t even been cut. Well, I have just the thing for you to make to give new flavor to that watermelon, watermelon salad!
This salad is just delicious. It is full of avocado, feta, mint, and lime. It is a great addition to any summer meal. And, it is quick and easy with no actual cooking involved. I put salt and pepper to taste in the recipe, but I will tell you that like mine with a pretty generous amount of salt.Print
- 6 cups watermelon, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the watermelon in a large bowl.
- Place the lime juice in a smaller bowl and cut the avocado directly into it, tossing occasionally to coat, so that the avocado doesn’t turn brown.
- Add the pour the avocado and juice over the watermelon.
- Add the mint, feta, and salt and pepper.
- Toss together gently until well combined. Really do be gentle here, so that you don’t make sauce out of the avocado and cheese. You want them to remain chunky.
- Serve immediately.