Summer is just around the corner. There is one fruit that signifies this season more than any other around here. Watermelon of course!
You can get watermelon all year the same way you can get tomatoes. The taste just isn’t the same. Winter watermelons lack a certain sweetness that summer sun brings. Picnics, cookouts and BBQs benefit with these ice cold slices of juicy deliciousness.
Here’s some facts about watermelons you may not know:
- Watermelons are members of the family, family Cucurbitaceae and are related to cucumbers and squash.
- These melons are high in vitamins A and C and potassium.
- Watermelon seeds are high in protein.
- Ripe watermelons are heavy for their size. They are 90 percent water.
- Thumping a melon does not necessarily help in determining ripeness.
- All parts of it are edible.
Enjoy these watermelon recipes this summer
from Daily Dish Magazine.
Add a little color to your home with these fun
watermelon themed Gadgets & Goodies