One thing I love are easy salads. Especially spinach salads! This year I had an abundance of spinach ready all at once and had to come up with some creative ways to use it all.
Warm spinach salads bring out a whole new taste. The leaves wilt just slightly yet retain just a hint of crunch. You can top it with many things, but this time I chose bold flavors of raspberry and mustard. The salad turned out so delicious, everyone gobbled it up quick!
The best part of this recipe is that you can add and subtract whatever you like while keeping the base the same. Experiment. Have fun!
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Cup Raspberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- Saute Mushrooms
- Add Onion
- Add Raspberries
- Drizzle in Balsamic
- Add Mustard
- Saute until well blended and thickened
- Place over Spinach
- Top with Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- All ingredients are approximates, add more or less according to your tastes.