A robust soup chock full of vegetables that is quick and easy to make.
- 2 cans ( 14.5 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup beans chopped
- 2 medium sweet pepper (small), chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tsp anise seed
- 1 tsp Kalé (substitute black pepper or Grains of Paradise)
- 1/2 cup cooked pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced Red Gold petite tomatoes, undrained
- In large sauce pan, add broth, potato, carrots, onions, celery, beans, Italian seasoning, garlic, ginger, anise seed, Kalé.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta and tomatoes. Heat through.
- Add sweet peppers and a few more sliced onions and remove from heat and let sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Instead of canned broth I used 4 cups of water with 2-3 bouillon cubes (chicken or vegetable).
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 224
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 416
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Protein: 19
- Cholesterol: 28