Your favorite candy bar without the guilt. Chocolately coconut pudding in an almond graham cracker crust topped off with roasted coconut. What is not to love right? To top it off, it is super easy to make. Check it out and give it a try!
Inspired by my Vegan Coconut Cream Pies, I bring you.Almond Joy Bites!
Almond Joy Bites
This recipe is featured on Foodie Friends Friday
Vegan Almond Joy Bites
- 1 Package (1/3 box) Low Fat Graham Crackers (be sure to use a vegan brand without honey)
- 1 1/2 Cup Almonds (unsalted)
- 1 TBSP Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Light Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (I like Thai Spice Brand)
- 1 Cup Light Vanilla Soy Milk
- 3 TBSP Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup
- 4 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- 3 TBSP Instant Clear Jel
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Unsweetened Coconut
- *Extra 1 Cup Coconut to toast for topping
- To make crust:
- In a food processor, blend all the graham crackers until fine. Slowly add in the vanilla syrup and soy milk. When blended, divide mixture evenly into sprayed mini muffin tins. Press the dough to form a well as pictured. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden brown and firm. Let cool and remove from pan carefully. *when done baking crust, place extra coconut on baking sheet and toast until golden brown. Set aside.
- To make filling: Mix first 5 ingredients for filling in a bowl. Beat with hand mixer until thickened and smooth. Stir in the unsweetened coconut.
- Spoon the filling into each crust and top with golden browned coconut.
Find what you need on Amazon!
Originally posted on Busy Vegetarian Mom