- 4 baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives, optional
- Begin by baking your potatoes.
- Once the potatoes have cooled enough for you to handle them, slice them in half and scoop out most of the potato flesh being careful not to break the potatoes.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes but don't go crazy trying to get all the lumps out.
- Add the milk, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix until everything is combined with the potatoes.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the scooped out potato shells.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and bake in a hot 425 degree oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and then under the broiler for just a minute or two.
- This is how I bake my potatoes: I always rub my potatoes with oil and then generously sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Wrap them in aluminum foil and bake in a hot 425 degree oven until a knife can go through them easily.