Twice Baked Stuffed Potatoes with BACON…
Scoop out most of the potato flesh, being careful not to break the potatoes.
And if you do break the potato, do not worry. No one will know once they’re stuffed.
Stuff the shells with the potato mixture…
These really are EASY and DELICIOUS…
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- chopped chives, optional
- Begin by baking your potatoes.
- Once the potatoes have cooled enough for you to handle them, slice them in half and scoop out most of the potato flesh being careful not to break the potatoes.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes but don't go crazy trying to get all the lumps out.
- Add the milk, sour cream, salt and pepper and mix until everything is combined with the potatoes.
- Stir in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the scooped out potato shells.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and bake in a hot 425 degree oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through and then under the broiler for just a minute or two.
- This is how I bake my potatoes: I always rub my potatoes with oil and then generously sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Wrap them in aluminum foil and bake in a hot 425 degree oven until a knife can go through them easily.