November is Good Nutrition Month and to kick it off here at Daily Dish Magazine, we have a wonderful recipe shared with us from House Foods. They make quality tofu that can be used in so many different ways. This recipe is one of my favorites and a great way to sneak a big punch of protein into your diet. Take a peek at this fun Tofu Mac and Cheese Recipe!
- ½ package of House Foods Premium Tofu Firm or Organic Firm, strained
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons of onions
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dash paprika
- pepper to taste
- 1. Cook and strain macaroni noodles and set aside.
- 2. Sauté onions in pan until golden brown.
- 3. Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- 4. Mix cheese sauce and macaroni noodles in a large pot over low heat until all noodles are coated with sauce and heated thoroughly. Serve warm.
- Optional: Serve with parmesan cheese for extra flavor
Come by later this week for our Good Nutrition Month Party on Foodie Friends Friday!! See YOU there!