Tofu and Berry Popsicles
It’s hard to argue that the best summertime treat is an ice cold popsicle. When the mercury rises, people flock to the nearest ice cream trucks to treat themselves to this summer staple. Even though ice pops are a sweet treat, the store-bought varieties can be full of high fructose corn syrup and artificial colors and flavors. Instead, try celebrity chefs Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos’ Tofu and Berry Popsicles for a refreshing and delicious dessert!
Made with House Foods Tofu, these popsicles are heaven sent in the hot heat! With the added benefits of soy and berries, this recipe brings together the sweet berries of the season along with the creamy texture of soft tofu. The celebrity couple explains, “Tofu is as versatile as sour cream, heavy cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese or ricotta and has allowed us to bring new life and a healthier component to many of our favorite recipes.” House Foods Tofu is non-GMO verified, certified kosher and gluten-free. Available in various firmness ranges – from soft to extra firm – along with an organic line of products sold nationwide.
- 1/2 package (7 oz) House Foods Tofu Soft
- 2 cups strawberries or other berries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup super fine sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Add the berries to a bowl and toss with the sugar and the vanilla.
- Let sit out for 20 minutes so they become juicy.
- Add fruit mixture to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the tofu and blend again until incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into 6 popsicles molds. Freeze until firm, for about 4 hours.
- Makes 6 Popsicles (3 ounces each)