Happy National Sangria Day! Thanks to Hefty Slider Bags and Tiffani Thiessen (we all know her and LOVE her right!) we have an awesome Holiday Sangria Recipe with Festive Fruit Ice Cubes to share with you today! This recipe is not only a wonderful way to celebrate the holidays and National Sangria Day with friends (maybe drink at a holiday gift wrapping party) but it’s tasty all year round (think back porch sippin’ on a hot summer day).
This drink combines red wine, cinnamon, and seasonal flavors of orange and Honeycrisp apples for a delish finish. My personal addition would be a garnish of sugared cranberries and maybe toss in some cloves and warm it on the stove. Not only would it smell amazing, it’ll warm you up too!
How do you like to mix up your Sangria’s to celebrate National Sangria Day? Leave us a comment!
Holiday Sangria Recipe with Fruit Ice Cubes
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup orange liquor
- ¼ cup simple sugar
- 1 Honeycrisp apple; diced
- 1 lemon; cut into small wedges
- 1 lime; cut into small wedges
- ½ orange; cut into pinwheels
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Mix all ingredients together in a pitcher
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours
- Serve with Fruit Ice Cubes
Fruit Ice Cubes
- Make batches of festive ice cubes ahead of time by filling ice cube trays with small cut up pieces of limes, lemons and apples.
- Instead of water, pour orange juice over the fruit and freeze.
- Store ice cubes in a Hefty® Freezer Slider Bag.
Buy the Essentials at Amazon: