Many of us (myself included) are watching what we eat and drink and trying to maintain healthy eating habits. But every now and then, it’s nice to have a cocktail after a long week, or while celebrating with friends, or, just for the fun of it! But cocktails can be high in calories, mainly because of the mixers that go into them. Popular cocktails like margaritas, daiquiris or long island iced teas can be upwards of 500 calories because of all the extras that go into the drinks, like sweet and sour mix and margarita mix.
Since I like to have the occasional cocktail or two, I’ve been working on new cocktail recipes that are both flavorful and refreshing, but still relatively low in calories and sugar. Now I’m not saying these are “healthy”, because alcohol in itself is empty calories and of course, too much alcohol can lead to health problems. But all things in moderation is my motto, so here’s a recipe for a great lightened up cocktail!Print
Blueberry Fizz Cocktail
A delicious, lightened up cocktail with fresh blueberries and lime, topped with club soda.
- 2 Ounces of blueberry vodka-I like Stoli but any brand you like will work.
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Stevia or Truvia-about 1/2 teaspoon (you can add more if you like a little sweeter drink)
- Club soda
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- Pour blueberry vodka in a glass filled with ice. Add the fresh lime juice and sugar and top with club soda. Garnish with blueberries and serve.
- For added flavor, you could also muddle extra blueberries with the lime and sugar before topping with club soda.
- This cocktail would also work great with other fruit vodkas and fresh fruit, like raspberry, watermelon, orange…you name it!
- The stevia/truvia is a lighter substitute for simple syrup, which is equal parts sugar and water, boiled together and then cooled to make a syrup.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 8
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0