This is an easy to make cocktail that has a lot of flavor. If you’re not a big fan of grapefruit, don’t be scared away by this recipe. Grapefruit isn’t my favorite fruit but the grapefruit in combination with the other items makes it just a little sweet and just a little tart.
I’ve recently started using agave nectar instead of sugar or simple syrup in my cocktails and I really like it! It’s a much better option to use for a sweetener, not to mention I don’t have to use nearly as much of it because it’s very sweet! But if you prefer the traditional simple syrup, you can use 1/2 ounce of that instead of agave nectar.
Grapefruit Basil Cocktail
- Two ounces vodka
- Two ounces grapefruit juice (I used fresh juice but you can use bottled juice if you like)
- Agave nectar (I only needed about 1/2 teaspoon since agave is very sweet; if you choose to use simple syrup use 1/2 ounce)
- Juice from one lime wedge
- Club soda (or if you prefer a sweeter drink you can use lemon-lime soda)
- 3-4 Basil leaves (whole or cut chiffonade style)
- Combine the vodka, grapefruit, lime and agave nectar in a glass with ice. Top with club soda and garnish with lime if desired. If you prefer more basil flavor, you could muddle the basil with lime and agave nectar before adding additional ingredients.