Today is the kick off of “The Salad Bar”, a club that gets together and posts salads of a particular theme, blog hop style.
What does that mean? That means along with my recipe, at the bottom of this post, you will find links to everyone else’s recipes for the themed salads of the month.
To start things off, we chose berries. I decided to bring you my Cold Brussel Sprout Salad with Blueberries that I originally published on my personal blog, Busy Vegetarian Mom.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator and be nibbled on all week-long (if you don’t gobble it all up in one sitting)!
I hope you enjoy this and all the rest of the fabulous berry salads!
- 12 oz. Brussel Sprouts – halved
- 1/2 Red Onion – diced
- 1 TBSP Horseradish Mustard (spicy mustard – dijon)
- 2 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 C. Dried or Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 C. Fat Free Feta (optional)
- Blanch Brussel Sprouts (boil 2 minutes – remove from heat – let sit about 5 minutes in hot water)
- Sautee onions in frying pan with a dash of olive oil
- When onions are softened, add brussel sprouts.
- Sautee in mustard and vinegar – toss until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Add berries and cheese.
- Serve after salad is cool.
- If you would like this dish Vegan, you may leave out the cheese or sub in a vegan cheese such as a pepperjack or mozzarella shread.