Super Quick Shrimp Pasta
Life sometimes gets in the way of cooking dinner in a timely manner. Actually, that seems to be happening to me a bit too much lately. This shrimp pasta is one of my go to recipes for those kind of nights because it is so good in addition to being quick. I usually just throw it together without a recipe, but this time I wrote it down so I could share it. It serves two or three people, but you could easily double it. It is the perfect amount for me and my husband with him having seconds.
- 8 oz. angel hair or vermicelli
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1/2 shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add garlic, basil, oregano, and celery salt. Saute just until fragrant, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked through.
- Add pasta and Parmesan tossing to evenly distribute the ingredients and continue cooking just until every thing is warm and Parmesan just begins to melt.
- Serve immediately with more Parmesan, if desired.