I received accommodations at no charge in order to try the kitchens and test recipes at Extended Stay America to form my own opinions of the property and amenities. All thoughts expressed are my own.
Preparing fancy gourmet meals does not mean you need a large gourmet kitchen. In fact, many meals can easily be made in a very small space. We just happened to be spoiled here in the USA but across the world, people have been whipping up meals in small spaces for years. Extended Stay America Hotels has embraced cooking in small spaces and offers kitchens in all of their suites! I had the chance to meet up with Sunny Anderson, spokeswoman for Extended Stay America who has helped in developing an in room cookbook full of easy recipes and tips. While her favorite dish to prepare in room in a simple pasta dish, I decided to try out her Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Strawberry Whipped Cream.
Surprisingly, the space does not feel small at all with a cook top, sink, dishwasher and full size refrigerator. YES… I said FULL SIZE! A well laid out suite gives you plenty of counter space without compromising your living space offering a great place to relax on longer business trips or family vacations and save a bit of money by dining in.
Cooking in the kitchen was quite comfortable and easy. I never felt like I was short on space and even could’ve had a partner in cooking with room to spare!
Sunny’s Chocolate-Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 pint chopped strawberries
- 1 packet hot cocoa mix
- 4 oz whipped topping
- 2 cups dry buttermilk pancake mix (just add water version)
- 4 TBSP Butter
- 1 Banana
- 1/4 Cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 Cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine strawberries and chocolate powder in bowl and stir. Let in in refrigerator until a syrup forms. Fold in whipped topping and return to refrigerator.
- Prepare pancakes according to directions on box. Let batter rest 5 minutes.
- Heat 2 TBSP butter in skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/2 cup portions of batter. Once bubbles appear on edges of pancake, add a few banana slices and chocolate chips. Flip pancake and finish cooking.
- Tip with chocolate strawberry whipped topping and walnuts.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 586
- Sugar: 31
- Sodium: 745
- Fat: 28
- Saturated Fat: 14
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 78
- Protein: 10
- Cholesterol: 53
I’m 100% sold on choosing ESA for my families next vacation after talking with Sunny and testing out the kitchen myself. She truly believes in the brand and is one of the most down to earth people I’ve met. I left with a feeling of a friend telling me about an awesome place I needed to try and that’s what I’m telling you, all my friends who read our site, ESA is a must try hotel for your next trip.
Find a Extended Stay America.