Summer is in full swing, which means it’s all about grilling at my house! We use our grill just about every day during the summer, and we love having friends and family over for backyard barbecues.
Last weekend was our first weekend of 100+ degree temperatures of the summer, so we decided to have a barbecue with our family and a few friends to kick off the start of summer in Arizona (summer in Arizona means it won’t be less than 100 degrees until September). I wanted to keep the barbecue simple and inexpensive, so Fresh and Easy was the place to go to make my grilling dreams a reality.
Fresh and Easy Neighborhood Market Stores have a small market feel, yet there is a large selection of products in the stores, both name brands and Fresh and Easy brands. I really enjoy the Fresh and Easy brand products, which range from meats and vegetables, snacks such as crackers and chips, and sauces which include grilling sauces, BBQ Sauces and marinades. The best thing about the Fresh and Easy products are that they don’t use high fructose corn syrup, added preservatives, colors, or flavors, which is very important to me when making choices about the foods I prepare for my family.
I took full advantage of everything Fresh & Easy has to offer for my barbecue. I wanted to grill some type of meat, but I wasn’t sure exactly what I wanted to grill. Fresh and Easy had great prices on meats for grilling, and all of their meat was fresh and high quality. I found a huge Tri-Tip Steak and even a steak rub and seasoning to go with it.
One of the store clerks gave me a great idea for grilling chicken using one of the Fresh and Easy Grilling Sauces and the Fresh and Easy Cranberry Stuffing, so I decided to add chicken to my menu as well.
Every great party needs to have great snacks, so I also picked up Fresh and Easy’s Jalapeno Hummus.
Now I was ready for the barbecue! Everything turned out great; the steak tasted wonderful and the seasoning was a great accompaniment. The chicken was also fantastic, and I’m including the recipe inspired by the helpful clerk at Fresh and Easy. If you have a Fresh and Easy store near you, be sure to stop by for your next summer grilling party!
And… Great news! Follow the link for savings: $5 off $20 Coupon – Expires June 16th 2013
F&Easy Stuffed Grilled Chicken with Apricot Chile Sauce
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- One package of Fresh and Easy Cranberry Stuffing
- 1/4 Cup of butter
- 1 1/2 Cups of water
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One yellow onion, chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- Approximately 1/2 bottle of Fresh and Easy Apricot Chile Grilling Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pound each chicken breast to thin out and flatten.
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the onion is cooked, add the butter and water to the pot and bring to a boil. Add the stuffing mix and seasoning packet to the pot and stir to combine. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and place 2-3 tablespoons of stuffing on each chicken breast, then roll tightly and secure with toothpicks to hold the chicken in place.
- Grill the chicken on your grill over medium heat until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat on the grill to low heat or remove from the grill and baste generously with Apricot Chile Grilling Sauce.
- Remove toothpicks from the chicken and serve with additional grilling sauce, if desired.
- Stuffing was cooked according to package directions, with the addition of onion and garlic.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.