- 2 medium pie pumpkins
- 8 oz. shitake mushrooms
- 1 10 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 6 green onions chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix (I used Pepperidge Farm.)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
- More salt and pepper to season pumpkins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut a hole in the top of the pumpkins.
- Scoop out seeds and strings.
- Sprinkle the inside of the pumpkins with salt and pepper.
- Saute mushrooms and onions in two tablespoons olive oil until mushrooms are soft.
- Combine mushrooms, onions, and remaining ingredients.
- Fill pumpkins and replace caps.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake on the second to lowest rack for 1 1/2 hours or until pumpkin can be easily pierced with a fork.