These strawberry muffins are some of my favorite muffins. And, I have red food on my mind for Valentine’s Day, so they were just perfect for today. I have a thing about muffins for breakfast anyway and strawberry is my favorite. These are extra good because they have more strawberry flavor than most. The key to this super strawberry flavor is using both fresh berries and strawberry yogurt in the batter.Print
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1½ cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- In another bowl whisk together yogurt and eggs.
- Stir yogurt mixture into flour mixture.
- Slowly pour in butter stirring as you you add it.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔-3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until muffins are set and tops are golden.