Strawberry Lemon Ice Tea
As summer heats up, everyone needs something to cool off. This Strawberry Lemon Ice Tea will help you make it through those hot, hot days.
Instead of making hot tea, I make cold tea. This does take a little longer to make but is worth the time. Cold tea then can be used to make a wonderful drink or can be enjoyed as a cold drink with some ice. To make the cold tea I add 3 -4 tea bags (I usually use black tea) in 1 gallon of water, let sit for at least 8 hours. You can also brew your tea in the sun. Once the tea is brewed, place in fridge.
A delicious iced drink to cool you off made with homemade ice tea, strawberries and sweetened to your desire.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ice tea (see note below)
- 1–2 tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- In blender add all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices and strawberries (optional)
- Make ice tea, place 3-4 teabags in 1 gallon of cold water. Let sit for at least 8 hours. Keep in fridge until use.
- You can also make hot tea and let cool.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 20
- Sodium: 17
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Protein: 1
- Cholesterol: 0
This drink can also be made with other fruit. Enjoy it with raspberries, blueberries, or melons. Instead of black tea, you can also use other types of teas… green, white, oolong.
What is your favorite Ice Tea?
More Ice Tea Recipes you can enjoy: