So, this week I am kind of detoxing. I say kind of because I a blending a few different detoxes. I know a lot of people did this last week, but my daughter just went back to college this past Sunday, and so my holidays didn’t really end until then. This salad doesn’t have anything in that I’m not supposed to be eating – like vinegar, which usually ends up in my salads. I used lemon juice instead, which gave it a slight wonderful lemon flavor. This really doesn’t taste like detox food. It is yummy and because of the beets, it is a really pretty red color. I also used tamari instead of soy sauce because it is gluten free.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 small beets, grated
- 3 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. tamari
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- Steam vegetables in a steamer basket until crisp-tender. Depending on the size of your basket, you may need to do this in batches.
- Stir together garlic, tamari, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- When vegetables are done, place in a serving bowl and pour dressing over, tossing to coat.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.