All of this warmer weather has me wanting to eat cool food, and I just love spring rolls. I have always been a little worried about making them, but they are actually really easy. Do be careful not to soak the wrappers too long or they will tear, but after you do a couple of them, you will get the hang of it.
I used my favorite spring roll ingredients, but you could use just about anything, which is one reason that spring rolls are so great! So, get creative and use your favorite ingredients.Print
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- rice noodles – you won’t need the whole package, prepared according to package directions
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup salad shrimp (or any shrimp), boiled
- 2 Tbsps. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. chili oil
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- Stir together soy sauce, chili oil, sesame oil, sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Make sure you have remaining ingredients ready to use before softening rice paper wrappers.
- One at at time, soften rice paper wrappers in warm water according to package directions. Fill each wrapper before going softening the next wrapper. To fill, place fillings in the center of the wrapper, Fold sides over and then roll up.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.