I can’t tell you how excited I have been to drive the Kia Sorento. It is the crossover that meets luxury in the Kia line. This is the kind of car we are looking to buy so when I had the chance to test it out on my recent trip to Cali I could hardly wait!
One of the things I have loved about all the Kias I have driven is how user friendly they are. I flew into town at 11:30 pm, exhausted from a full days work followed by travel, and then I have to step into a car I have never driven and figure it all out. Fortunately, the navigation system is super easy, and with a few taps, I was on my way.
My reason for visiting LA was to attend a convention in Anaheim. This meant I was going to give the Sorento the real commuter experience since I was traveling in from 30 miles outside the venue daily for 3 days. I have to say, it did NOT disappoint. Why did I love it so much?
- Power! It has awesome get up and go. Plus and “eco” button to use when you want to be more fuel efficient.
- Giant Sunroof. When I was slowed in traffic, I opened it up and enjoyed the fresh air. When I started up to a faster pace, I was able to keep it open without obnoxious wind noise too. Love that!
- Blind Spot Notification. Don’t know how I ever lived without this feature. A small light shows up on your side mirrors when someone is in your blind spot. A MUST have for LA traffic.
- Navigation System. So easy to use and got me to were I was going perfectly every time.
- Satellite Radio and/or Media Port. Got to listen to tunes while driving!
- Heated or Cooled Seats
- Comfy Leather Interior
- Tons of Space
- So Pretty!!
- Killer Tunes ~ Driving in traffic was actually relaxing because I was so comfy and with the Satellite Radio or Media Plug-in and great sound, I just put on my jams and drove!
Another positive that I look for as a mom in a family vehicle like this one is safty. It is loaded with safety features like stability control, traction control, anti-lock brakes and surround air-bags. I felt really safe driving this vehicle too, it handled well at high and low speeds, took corners well (didn’t feel tippy) and great reaction time.
I am seriously in love with the Sorento and would definitely make this my first choice when buying my next vehicle. Now that I am no longer doing my test drive, I find myself missing it everyday! It is loaded with so many great features that it rivals any of the top luxury brands. (Don’t tell my brother-in-law, but I like it better than his Beamer!)
The 2014 Kia Sorento comes in 5 different models so you are sure to find one that fits your budget.
For full details, visit the official KIA Motors Page