Its snowblower season and our friends at Toro want to remind us to stay safe while clearing walks and driveways.
Here are some important safety reminders when using your snowblower.
- Wear Adequate Winter Outerwear: Jacket and gloves with no scarf or strings on hoods
- Safety gear: goggles, earbuds, slip proof footwear
- Know where people and pets are
- Operate only in good visibility & light
- Turn corners slowly
- Look down and behind when backing up
- Run the unit a few minutes to prevent machine from freezing up
- No smoking near machine
- Do not put hands or feet near moving components on the machine
- Do not operate the machine without all guards and other safety devices in place and working
- Keep children out of the operating area and under the watchful care of a responsible adult other than you.
- Never allow children to operate the machine.
- Shut the machine off before servicing, fueling or unplugging
Photo and text courtesy of www.toro.com .