This slow cooker recipe for Italian Beef Sandwiches is a favorite in my house and it’s great for game day or for any time you’re cooking for a large group because it’s easy to make! Just throw a few items in your slow cooker and you’re set! I also like to make this for an easy weeknight meal since it makes great leftovers.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 pounds of beef cross rib roast or chuck roast
- 1–2 yellow onion, thinly sliced (if you like lots of onions in your sandwich, add 2)
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, diced or minced
- 1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning mix (or use homemade seasoning mix)
- 1 packet of au jus gravy mix
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 jar of pepperoncinis, stems removed and sliced. If you like it a little spicier, add more!
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low 4-6 hours. Remove the meat from the slow cooker but don’t discard the liquid! Shred the meat and return to the crock pot (it will pull apart very easily as it will be very tender). Serve with sandwich rolls or Ciabatta bread and cheese. I like using Muenster cheese but you could also use provolone or jack; really any cheese you like!
- Some people think the texture of meat from a crock pot is too soft; if you prefer you can brown the meat in a skillet first. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the meat with salt and pepper, and cook until just browned, then add to the slow cooker.