Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Turkey Breast
I have been making my turkey or turkey breast in a slow cooker for many years now. Mainly because the first time I had made turkey for my husband (he had never had turkey before) he felt that it didn’t have any flavour and was way to dry. He also wants the flavours to be through out the whole turkey breast and not just on the outside. This hasn’t always been an easy thing to do. I would make a paste of spices and make slits in the turkey, so that there was spices through out the turkey as I did in this recipe: Spiced Crock Pot Turkey Breast .
My job has gotten a lot easier since I started using Injectables from Gourmet Warehouse.
A wonderful, flavourful, moist turkey made in your slow cooker, marinated with Gourmet Warehouse Honey Garlic Injectable
- 3 pound turkey breast
- 1 ounce Gourmet Warehouse Honey Garlic Injectable
- 1 tsp anise liquid flavouring
- 1/4 cup onion
- Mix Gourmet Warehouse Honey Garlic Injectable and anise flavouring in small dish.
- Place turkey breast into Slower Cooker (or if unable to take dish out of slow cooker, baking dish)
- Using syringe and blunt needle (that is given with the injectable), inject small amount of liquid throughout the turkey.
- Marinate meat for at least 30 minutes (place in refrigerator).
- Once ready to cook place dish bake into slow cooker, slice onions thinly and add to top of turkey.
- Turn crockpot to high for one hour then decrease temperature to low.
- Cook on low heat for 5- 6 hours (or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees)
- I have cooked my turkey for up to 8 hours when I am at work on low and it still is very moist.
With the leftovers you can make this tasty Asiago Honey Garlic Turkey Panini.