A delicious easy recipe that is comfort food at it’s best!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 Cup peas
- 1 Cup carrot, diced
- ½ Cup milk
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- Pie Crust (ready made or use homemade recipe linked above)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium high heat heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute until browned.
- Place in a dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet saute the peas and carrots for 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth and the milk. Bring to a simmer and add the flour.
- Let it thicken for about 3 minutes.
- Top with the chicken pot pie crust tucking the excess edges inside the pan.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- You may add additional veggies and herbs to your taste such as rosemary, onion, and potatoes. If you opt to use potatoes, boil until softened slightly before adding to skillet.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 583
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 818
- Fat: 27
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 19
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 45
- Cholesterol: 99