This easy skillet chicken pot pie recipe is super easy recipe to make and
screams comfort food during this cold weather!
I love a good chicken pot pie recipe, especially when it’s an easy recipe. There isn’t much easier than one skillet meals that keep the mess down. This skillet chicken pot pie is one recipe that I like to pull out on a cold day when I want to warm up… nothing says comfort food like pot pie!
The ingredients are basic for this recipe and I usually have them on hand. I like to keep ready made pie crusts in the freezer for just such occasions, but you could easily whip up a homemade crust in no time if you prefer. (This Olive Oil Pie Crust is delicious for savory dishes like this one!)
Check out how EASY this is to make!
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp flour
1 Cup Peas
1 Cup carrot, diced
½ Cup milk
3 Cups chicken broth
*check your freezer section for ready-made pie crusts
OPTIONAL: You can add other veggies such as onions and potatoes if your taste prefers. If using potatoes, boil until slightly softened before adding to skillet.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet over medium-high heat heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Sautee until browned.
Place in a dish and set aside.
In the same skillet saute the peas and carrots for 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
Add the chicken, the chicken broth, and the milk.
Bring to a simmer and add the flour. Let it thicken for about 3 minutes.
Top with the chicken pot pie crust tucking the excess edges inside the pan.
Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
Now that is comfort food my friends and it’s such an easy recipe… agree?
Why not add this to your list of weeknight family favorite meals!!!
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
A delicious easy recipe that is comfort food at it’s best!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 Cup peas
- 1 Cup carrot, diced
- ½ Cup milk
- 3 Cups chicken broth
- Pie Crust (ready made or use homemade recipe linked above)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium high heat heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Saute until browned.
- Place in a dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet saute the peas and carrots for 3 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth and the milk. Bring to a simmer and add the flour.
- Let it thicken for about 3 minutes.
- Top with the chicken pot pie crust tucking the excess edges inside the pan.
- Take to the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- You may add additional veggies and herbs to your taste such as rosemary, onion, and potatoes. If you opt to use potatoes, boil until softened slightly before adding to skillet.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 583
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 818
- Fat: 27
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 19
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Protein: 45
- Cholesterol: 99
Make sure you “save this recipe” for later… Pin it now!