This shrimp and pasta salad is great for the hot days we have been having. There is very little cooking involved – especially if you cheat like I did and get the shrimp already cooked. It has vegetables, shrimp and pasta, so it really could be a one dish meal, but would also be great as a side. And, it looks pretty and summery enough for guests.
I used an orange bell pepper in this recipe, but any color would do. I usually use red, but happened to have an orange one on hand that I didn’t want to go bad. I cut my celery and pepper pretty fine, but cut it how you like it. Hope you enjoy.
- 8 oz. small shell pasta
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup salad shrimp cooked and cooled - I bought mine already cooked.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light)
- 2 Tbsps. ketchup
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cool water.
- Toss pasta with shrimp, celery, and pepper.
- Stir together remaining ingredients.
- Stir into pasta mixture until evenly distribute.
- Refrigerate until serving. It is better if you let it sit about an hour.