I was given a 12-inch skillet to test by Anolon. Results and opinions are my own.
I own a lot of pots and pans. I have Dutch ovens, sauté pans, double boilers, pasta pots and saucepans in all shapes and sizes. I even have a few fry pans and skillets. When Anolon offered Daily Dish writers a chance to test out their Anolon Advanced line, I found myself lucky enough to receive a 12-inch skillet!
What I found especially helpful was the unique shape of this skillet. The sides are tapered, which makes maneuvering tools much easier. I had no problem flipping the potatoes.
Like all the Advanced series pieces, this skillet has Anolon SureGrip® handles. This particular skillet is oven safe to 400 degrees.
Here’s the recipe I used to test this skillet. I found everything browned evenly and nothing stuck to the bottom.
Easy clean up too! Grease wiped out with a swipe of a paper towel.
Sausage and Potatoes Skillet Dinner
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- 1 lb link sausage
- 3 medium white potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium *sweetpotato, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, sliced
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Fry sausage over medium heat turning to cook on all sides until browned.
- Remove sausage and drain on paper towel.
- Slice into bite sized pieces.
- Add potatoes and *sweetpotatoes to skillet.
- Fry over medium heat, turning frequently.
- When potatoes start to brown add sausage and peppers to pan.
- Continue frying and stirring as needed.
- Add tomatoes with liquid.
- Simmer until thoroughly heated, sausage is done and potatoes are soft.
- *Sweetpotatoes is now one word to stand for North American varieties and set those apart from yams and other sweet potatoes.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 966
- Fat: 32
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Unsaturated Fat: 17
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 69
Join in the celebration!
Enter to win this beautiful 12-piece tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set from Anolon !
- durable three-ply construction features
- aluminum cores between layers of stainless steel
- efficient heat distribution
- suitable for use on all stovetops, including induction
- dishwasher safe
- oven safe to 500°F, just like all the pots and pans from the Anolon Tri-Ply Clad Stainless Steel collection.