This salmon with strawberry salsa is one of those entrees that is quick and easy, but impressive enough for guests. It is perfect this time of year when fresh strawberries are just starting to come in.
The salmon itself is simply brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper and then baked. The strawberry salsa can be put together while the salmon bakes, and it is done in about thirty minutes. I didn’t add any sweetener to the salsa, so it was combination of sweet and savory, but if you like sweet, feel free to add some sweetener.
If you choose to use the jalapeno, be careful chopping and seeding. I recommend using gloves as the peppers can really burn your fingers around the nails.Print
Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 salmon filets, (1 1/2 to 2 lbs.)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- the zest and juice of one lime
- the green part of two scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbsps. cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush both sides of salmon fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a glass baking dish until salmon is cooked through (20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Stir together remaining ingredients.
- Serve salmon topped with strawberry salsa.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 556
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 460
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 9
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Protein: 80
- Cholesterol: 195