A wonderful light dessert that is perfect for your Fourth of July meal with red, white and blue
- For Fruit compote
- Raspberries (total of 2 cups of fruit)
- Sweetener to taste- I used honey
- For Blueberry Sauce
- Blueberries (used only about 1/4 cup)
- Sweetener to Taste
- For Topping
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt ( I used Chobani Greek Yogurt)
- Fruit Compote ~ Add fruit and sweetener in sauce pan with a small amount of water (about a tablespoon). Cook on medium heat until soft and slightly mushy and start to thicken. Let cool. Set aside.
- Blueberry Sauce ~Add blueberries and sweetener to saucepan, cook over medium low heat until they start soften. (I didn’t cook mine all the way through.) Set aside to cool.
- Topping ~ Add whipping cream, powdered sugar and yogurt in mixing bowl. Whip until peaks form.
- Assemble: Layer Fruit Compote and topping. Top with blueberry sauce. Enjoy