Red, White and Blue Parfait
July 4th is just around the corner and I have the perfect dessert for you. It is easy to make, light and would be a great addition to your July 4th Barbecue. It has red, white and blue in it and tastes so yummy.
A wonderful light dessert that is perfect for your Fourth of July meal with red, white and blue
- For Fruit compote
- Raspberries (total of 2 cups of fruit)
- Sweetener to taste- I used honey
- For Blueberry Sauce
- Blueberries (used only about 1/4 cup)
- Sweetener to Taste
- For Topping
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt ( I used Chobani Greek Yogurt)
- Fruit Compote ~ Add fruit and sweetener in sauce pan with a small amount of water (about a tablespoon). Cook on medium heat until soft and slightly mushy and start to thicken. Let cool. Set aside.
- Blueberry Sauce ~Add blueberries and sweetener to saucepan, cook over medium low heat until they start soften. (I didn’t cook mine all the way through.) Set aside to cool.
- Topping ~ Add whipping cream, powdered sugar and yogurt in mixing bowl. Whip until peaks form.
- Assemble: Layer Fruit Compote and topping. Top with blueberry sauce. Enjoy
You can make most of the Red, White and Blue Parfait a head of time. The Fruit Compote and the Blueberry Sauce can be made early and refrigerated then whip up the topping and assemble before you serve it. Keeping with your theme of Red, White and Blue you can also make some of these awesome Red, White and Blue Cookies to serve with your parfait.
To make the picks that are inserted in the dessert I cut out small stars in an Angel Food Cake. I then added a raspberry, the cake star and a blueberry and set it on the side of the dish.
If you are needing a quick dessert for your Canada Celebration and want a Red and White Theme, skip the Blueberries and add either a strawberry or raspberry on top.