I first made these Pretzel Peanut Bars to send to my daughter in a college care package and posted them on From Calculus to Cupcakes. With it being the holiday season, I always try to think back over the year’s favorite treats, and see which ones would be good this time of year and this one came to mind. These bars are the perfect mix of sweet and salty and are full of pretzels, peanuts, and chocolate. Kind of like a sweet and salty version on the classic seven layer bar. And, I just know you are going to love them. They are also super easy and quick to make (though it does take a while for them to cool), which makes them a great addition to your holiday baking.
- ½ cup (1stick) butter
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1¼ cups pretzels, broken but not crushed
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is pre-heating, put the stick of butter in a 9"x13" baking pan and put it in the oven to allow the butter to melt in the pan. Check it frequently because you don't want it to burn. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter to form a crust.
- Layer broken pretzels, peanuts, white chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips over the graham cracker crust. Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden around the edges and bubbly. Allow to cool completely in the pan.