My usual Sunday post is a post about a healthy ingredient. I’ve already written about salmon, but wanted to share this salmon recipe with you. It is a healthy alternative to all the super fattening recipes I keep seeing for St. Patrick’s Day. Salmon is quite Irish and even the dill sauce is healthy because it uses fat-free Greek yogurt as a base. Served with a side of colcannon, it makes a great St. Patrick’s Day meal. Also, it is starting to feel like spring, and both salmon and dill just say spring to me, so it was the perfect dish this week!Print
Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce
- 1 lb salmon filets
- 1 32 oz. carton chicken broth
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsps. coarse ground prepared mustard
- 2 Tbsps. fresh dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together yogurt, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Add chicken broth to a large deep skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Add salmon to broth. If broth does not cover salmon add water to cover.
- Boil just until salmon is cooked through being careful not to overcook (about 10 minutes).
- Serve with dill sauce.