- 2 ripe plantains ( skin is very black and plantain feels soft to touch)
- Small amount of water
- oil to fry
- Peel plantains by cutting the end off and discarding, hold the plantain in hand and slit down the length of the plantain.This slit should only be the thickness of the plantain.
- Remove the peel, they should come off in sections.
- I then cut my plantain lengthwise into four lengths and then each length into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Place the plantains into a bowl and add salt and sprinkle with a small amount of water.
- Place oil, approximately one inch into pan and heat until it just starts to sizzle. Place plantains into oil and fry until golden brown.
- Enjoy alone or as a side dish.