These cute pumpkins are super easy to make. Mine have a pizza filling, but I can think up endless variations (just cheese, chili cheese, chocolate, jam, etc). I also used a lot of store bought ingredients like pre-made pie crust and sauce, but you could make your own. In fact, if I were just making them for my family, I probably would make my own. But, I am going to be making them for a party, and it would just take too long. You could also use all sorts of different cookie cutters, and adapt it to other holidays as well. They are the perfect Halloween recipe for kids. It is something they will most likely eat, and they will love the pumpkin face too!Print
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 3 Tbsp. pizza sauce
- 12 slices pepperoni slices
- 3 Tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg yolks – you need one for each color if you are using different cutters
- liquid food color
- black edible marker
- Let pie crust come to room temperature.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut pie crust with cookie cutters. I used a large pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and got three pumpkins from each crust, which made three pizza pumpkins.
- On the pumpkin cutouts that will be the tops, draw pumpkin faces using a black edible markers. You could use various colors for other shapes.
- On the pumpkin cutouts that will be the bottoms, spread one tablespoon of sauce on each and top with pepperoni and cheese.
- Place the top pumpkins over the toppings on the bottom pumpkins.
- Press around the edges with a fork to seal.
- Mix food coloring with egg yolks (one yolk per color) to get the desired green and orange colors.
- Paint pumpkins orange and stems green.
- Using a spatula, transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden.