Pizza wrapped in Pillsbury crescent rolls.
- 2 cans Pilsbury Crescent Roll
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- Bacon crumbled
- Sweet Peppers sliced
- Onions sliced
- Mushrooms sliced
- Grated Cheese (I used Monterey Jack and Colby)
- 1–2 tsp pizza spice
- 1 egg
- Parmesan cheese
- In frying pan, fry Italian sausage until completely cooked.
- Add tomato sauce and mix well.
- On cookie sheet, spread both tins of crescent rolls out in a rectangle. Roll out so there are no perforations.
- With knife cut one inch strips on both sides leaving about 1/3 of the dough uncut in the middle
- In center of rectangle, add Italian Sausage, pepperoni, sliced peppers, onions, mushrooms (add to your personal taste)
- Sprinkle grated cheese over all (add to your personal taste)
- Sprinkle on Pizza Seasoning to taste.
- Alternating sides, bring strips to meet in the middle over pizza mixture. Tuck ends to seal the braid.
- Whisk egg and spread over braid.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese and more pizza seasoning over top of braid.
- Bake in 375 degree oven until golden brown about 25-28 minutes
- I didn’t give quantities for some of the ingredients like bacon, pepperoni, vegetables and cheese – add to your own personal liking.
- You could use a variety of meats, vegetables and cheeses.
- This recipe also works without braiding and making it like a regular pizza.