So tomorrow is National Peanut Butter Day, so I thought I would share a recipe with you that you can whip up tomorrow quickly and easily, and you probably already have all the ingredients right there in your kitchen. And, the best part of this recipe is that these cookies are absolutely delicious! They are my favorite peanut butter cookies – by far. And, you don’t even need a mixer.
Now, this recipe doesn’t make a large amount of cookies – only about twelve. I consider this a good thing as I will just keep eating them until they are gone, but if you need to serve more people, then you can easily double or triple it. This is an old recipe that has been around for years, and I have no idea who the original author was. I added Reese’s Pieces to mine, but the original recipe did not have them. You could also add chocolate chips or pretty much any add in you like. And, you can use chunky or creamy peanut butter. I always use creamy because that is how my daughter likes them, but make them your way!
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- optional - 1 cup candy coated peanut butter pieces (I used Reese’s Pieces.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Stir together peanut butter, sugar, and egg until well combined.
- Fold in candy.
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons drop rounded tablespoon sized cookies onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Back for approximately 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown and center is almost set.
- Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.