Ok, I know it is not quite spring yet, but I’m thinking about it and wishing it were, so this Pea, Carrot, and Quinoa Salad has been on my mind. This is just the perfect spring salad. It is bright, pretty, tangy, and delicious – and healthy too! This salad is quick and easy, but do allow time for it to cool or refrigerate it long enough that it doesn’t melt the goat cheese. And, I just love the shaved carrots. They look like pretty orange ribbons and give the salad just the right crunch.Print
Pea, Carrot, and Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1 1/2 cups shaved carrots (about 2, shaved with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 Tbsp. coarse ground Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook quinoa in water according to package directions.
- Cook peas in boiling water just until barely done. Don’t let them get mushy.
- Allow both quinoa and peas to cool enough that they won’t melt the goat cheese. You can put them in the refrigerator to speed this up.
- Combine peas, carrots, and quinoa.
- Whisk together mustard, olive oil, dill weed, and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to even distribute.
- Crumble goat cheese on top.