- Colored craft papers
- Hot glue gun
- Burlap fabric
- Foam board
- To create the base you may use any kind of material you want, you may also use a store bought base for the wreath. I used foam board to create the base. Simply determine the size for the wreath, trace the pattern on the foam board and use a blade to cut out the traced base pattern. I’m using a strip of burlap fabric to cover the base.
- Apply a small amount of glue on the base and attach any one ends of the burlap strip on the glued area. Wrap the burlap strip around the base; make sure to cover the entire base with the burlap fabric.
- Select colored craft papers for the leaves and butterflies. Print and cut out the template patterns. Trace the pattern on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely.
- Create 5-6 flowers for the wreath. Choose fall themed colors for the flowers. You can find the tutorial for these flowers by following the link in this post.
- First of all, glue the flowers on the wreath.You may cover the entire wreath base with flowers or keep small gaps between them.
- Keeping small gaps between the flowers is better; you’ll be able to add the leaves between the gaps. Gather the cut out leaves and butterflies.
- Add the leaves between the flowers nicely. Use hot glue gun to add them to the wreath base. Glue the bottom ends of the leaves on the wreath; keeping the outer ends facing outside the wreath base.
- You may keep the butterflies plain and simple or you may also add some details on them.
- Glue the butterflies on the flowers. And finally attach the hanging mechanism at the back side of the wreath. Done!