Orange Pomegranate Quinoa Salad
I am a big fan of Pomegranate, although not such a fan of preparing them. My whole kitchen always looks like it has been under attach whenever I try to get them ready to eat. I have tried many ways to open them ~ underwater, knocking them out with a wooden spoon and they don’t seem to work that well.. I still have a mess everywhere. As I was surfing I came across the correct way to eat a pomegranate and the next time I need to deseed one I am going to give this a try. How do you get the seeds out? Any great tricks.
The Pomegranate not only is a wonderful tasting fruit it has great healthy benefits. That is once you get to the arils or seeds.
- Helps to loose weight ~ They increase your energy and cleanse the body to help facilitate weight loss.
- Powerful anti-oxidant.
- High in Vitamin C ~ this will help with inflammation
- Protects your heart ~ can lower you bad cholesterol, while helping to increase your good cholesterol. May help to lower your blood pressure.
- Can aid in digestion ~ helping with nausea, hemorrhoids, diarrhea. It can also be good to help with constipation.
- For men can help decrease impotency and aids in pregnancy.
Have you ever tried this wonderful fruit? Do you eat it plan or do you use it in a recipe? Here is a great recipe if you would like to try pomegranates, the flavours in this recipe are superb.
For another great recipe using this fruit ~ Holiday Fruit Salad