I just read a really excellent book. Yeah, that’s right, I read occasionally too. I don’t know how I find time, but I make myself read a little bit of a book every night before I go to sleep. This helps me relax and it makes me feel really good to do something for myself and by myself. It’s a nice way to end the day.
My mom suggested I read this one and it was fantastic. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good read. It’s called 1000 White Women and it was based on true journals of a woman who marries a Native American. It was a remarkable story.
Also, I recently made the best Zucchini Bread of my entire life and I am quite excited about it. Bri and I got some fresh zucchinis from the farmers market and then made zucchini bread! It was delicious, healthy, and the perfect way to use up some fresh produce. So, go out and get this book, make this bread, and read while it’s in the oven. Sometimes we need to do that sort of stuff because its just good for you!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup non-fat, plain greek yogurt
2 medium zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat both sugars with the greek yogurt. Beat in the eggs until well combined.
4. Grate the zucchini and then place on a paper towel. Wrap towel around the grated zucchini and squeeze to remove as much moisture as you can.
5. Beat dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in zucchini.
6. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
G’day and WOW! Your Zucchini bread looks YUM! I can almost taste it NOW!
The book also sounds like a VERY interesting read, TRUE!
Will have to see IF it’s available in the Land Down Under too!
What’s On The List?