Today is National S’mores Day, so I am sharing with you my recipe for S’mores Bars. They taste just like s’mores, but don’t require an open fire, so they are perfect for rainy days or small children, or anytime you want an easy, yummy sweet treat.
Speaking of food holidays, did you know that this week is National Apple Week? And, Monday is National Raspberry Tart Day, Tuesday is National Julienne Fries Day, Wednesday is National Filet Mignon Day, Thursday is National Creamsicle Day, Friday is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day, and Saturday is National Bratwurst Day.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used [url:1]Hershey's Mini Kisses[/url].)
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- miniature marshmallows to cover (about a cup)
- Line a 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment and grease the parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes or until set and golden.
- Put marshmallows on top of bars and place back in the oven. Turn on the broiler and broil until marshmallows are toasted. Be sure to watch this carefully as you don't want to burn the marshmallows or catch the parchment on fire.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting.