Fall is on its way, and fall always makes me think of cinnamon. So, I thought I would share my Mexican Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Chip Cookies with you. Cinnamon chips are not available all year where I live, but they should be showing up again soon. Last year, I bought several bags to last me throughout the year.
This may sound odd to say about a cookie, but these cookies have a really complex flavor. To get the best taste, eat them slowly and see how the cocoa, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cayenne come together.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 10 oz. bag cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment.
- With and electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in cocoa and flour and mix until will combined.
- Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop scoops onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until almost set one sheet at a time.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before eating.
Hello cute lady! This looks so good. Pinned. We couldn’t think of anyone better to party with. We hope to see you tomorrow at 7 pm.
Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls
I would love about 17 of these right now! Thanks for linking up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
G’day! Thanks for sharing at our #SayGdayParty;
Please make sure to revisit if you haven’t already to Say G’day to the hosts and another person at the party!
Cheers! Joanne @ What’s On The List Pinned
These look good! Thanks for linking up with SNF! Pinned to our party board!!
Oh my goodness… Can’t wait to make these!