Fall is on its way, and fall always makes me think of cinnamon. So, I thought I would share my Mexican Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Chip Cookies with you. Cinnamon chips are not available all year where I live, but they should be showing up again soon. Last year, I bought several bags to last me throughout the year.
This may sound odd to say about a cookie, but these cookies have a really complex flavor. To get the best taste, eat them slowly and see how the cocoa, cinnamon, brown sugar, and cayenne come together.Print
Mexican Hot Chocolate Cinnamon Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsps. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 10 oz. bag cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment.
- With and electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix until well combined.
- Add baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cayenne, and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in cocoa and flour and mix until will combined.
- Stir in cinnamon chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop scoops onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until almost set one sheet at a time.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before eating.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 336
- Sugar: 27
- Sodium: 142
- Fat: 17
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 45
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 71